- November is ELECTION month. Please go to the dropdown menu "HOME" and select "ETLC events". You can click on "November Elections" to find out about position and how to nominate or apply for one of the positions
The shop at Bedrock Supply is closed until government regulations will allow us to open but the Large saw at Morninville is available to members that have been vaccinated. Any government rules relating to Covid 19 still must be followed.
Next club meeting will be on October 21, 2021. The threat of covid variant has lead us to believe it would not be in the clubs best interests to hold a live meeting at this time. Everyone will be sent out an invitation to a Zoom meeting instead of a live meeting. Anyone that is not a member and would like to attend the meeting can e-mail me and I will have them added to the Zoom invitation (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thanks for your understanding.
Edmonton Tumblewood Lapidary Club (ETLC)
(edmontonlapidary.ca) is our site name
The Edmonton Tumblewood Lapidary Club is a registered not-for-profit society dedicated to promoting the lapidary arts and earth sciences in the Edmonton and surrounding area.
The purpose of the club is:
To assist the club members in the development of skills in lapidary arts and earth sciences.
- To stimulate the members interest in the study of rocks, gems, minerals, meteorites, fossils and artifacts.
- To encourage the appreciation, preservation and conservation of the rocks, gems, minerals, fossils, artifacts and natural resources for future generations.
- To promote the hobby as a positive healthy family activity which provides healthy outdoor recreation which spans all age groups.
- To collect and document and exhibit the gemstone and geological specimens for public display.
Club activities include educational and social events. Rock hounding trips are organized during the year, weather permitting. The club provides a fully equipped lapidary workshop for members’ use. Club members are trained in the safe and proper use of lapidary equipment to make various lapidary related items for personal use or display.
The club publishes a monthly newsletter, Tumblewood Tales, and is made available to all club members.
Membership in the Lapidary Club provides membership in the Alberta Federation of Rock Clubs and membership in the Gem and Mineral Federation of Canada. These memberships link you with Rockhounds throughout all of Canada. These memberships act as your spokesman at Government levels and private sectors on matters of Lapidary and related concern to you.