Edmonton Tumblewood Lapidary Club (ETLC)
(Edmonton Lapidary site name)
The Edmonton Tumblewood Lapidary Club is a registered not-for-profit society dedicated to promoting the lapidary arts and earth sciences in the Edmonton and surrounding area.
The purpose of the club is:
- To assist the club members in the development of skills in lapidary arts and earth sciences.
- To stimulate the members interest in the study of rocks, gems, minerals, meteorites, fossils and artifacts.
- To encourage the appreciation, preservation and conservation of the rocks, gems, minerals, fossils, artifacts and natural resources for future generations.
- To promote the hobby as a positive healthy family activity which provides healthy outdoor recreation which spans all age groups.
- To collect and document and exhibit the gemstone and geological specimens for public display.
Club activities include educational and social events. Rock hounding trips are organized during the year, weather permitting. The club provides a fully equipped lapidary workshop for members’ use. Club members are trained in the safe and proper use of lapidary equipment to make various lapidary related items for personal use or display.
The club publishes a monthly newsletter, Tumblewood Tales, and is made available to all club members. An annual Rock & Mineral Show is hosted for the public to buy lapidary items from various lapidary dealers, to view displays of members work and partake in short workshops and demonstrations of lapidary work.
Membership in the Lapidary Club provides membership in the Alberta Federation of Rock Clubs and membership in the Gem and Mineral Federation of Canada. These memberships link you with Rockhounds throughout all of Canada. These memberships act as your spokesman at Government levels and private sectors on matters of Lapidary and related concern to you.
To access the Open House Brochure, hover the mouse cursor over the “Home” pull down icon and click on “ETLC Events” then on “Open House”.
The next Edmonton Tumblewood Lapidary
Club meeting will be held on:
Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 7:00 pm at
Elmwood Hall, 16415-83 Avenue, Edmonton, AB.
The executive for the 2017 term will be chosen. Additionally, the various committee positions will be filled.
The Treasurer will present the year end accounting of the clubs financial activities.
There will be some time allocated to member presentations regarding rocks and related items. If you have some rocks to identified, our members will be able to do so.